Monday, February 26

I am not an Elvis fan.

Not that I have anything against him, but I have just never been a fan of his music. Having said that, I guess I really don't get the fascination with him, even after his death.

There is a woman in my office that has, basically a shrine, containing Elvis artifacts at her desk. The usual frame picture of him, a few little figurines, but the main one that sticks out.... the Elvis wall clock, complete with swinging legs. Every time I walk by I get to see his legs swing to the second. And it is bright blue.

I don't get it. Sorry, to any Elvis fans reading, but maybe it is just a generation thing, but this woman is only in her late 30's.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

That sounds a little weird. Of course, I have a bit of Lakers stuff around my desk but, they are the best basketball team ever so that's understandable!

Jessie said...

OK, I just read your comment on my post. Little Boy does talk loudly, but that part comes and goes. Mostly it's his speech pattern. He has a very hard time with hard letter sounds...and vowels...and pretty much all words. He is about as understandable as a 2-3 year old. I can understand every word but most people cannot.

Has your 3 year old ever had ear infections? Or gotten water stuck in his ears from his bath? Or maybe just dying to be heard? ;-)

Slinger said...

I think he just wants to be heard over the other 2, but sometimes we wonder. He never had chronic ear infections, maybe 1 or 2.

FD said...

Not a huge Elvis fan, and Yet Suspicious Minds is probably my favorite song ever. It's the first song I always look for in a Jukebox