Thursday, December 7

Daughtry

Chris Daughtry, of American Idol fame has a band, and an album. Band name is, get ready.... DAUGHTRY. HUH? you ask. yeah it came out Nov 21st. A friend of mine here bought it on iTunes, and I heard a little of it.

First song - sounds like Fuel. Fuel offered him the job as their new lead singer, but he turned it down.

Other songs sound like Nickleback, Live and Matchbox Twenty.

Surprised? Check this out....
Though Chris is a singer-songwriter, he still collaborated with several other songwriters, such as LIVE's Ed Kowalczyk, Fuel's Carl Bell, Brad Arnold of 3 Doors Down, Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty, SR-71 singer Mitch Allan, and Chad Kroeger of Nickelback.

Band members are:
Chris Daughtry - Lead Vocals
Jeremy Brady - Rhythm Guitar
J.P. Paul - Bassist
Joey Barnes - Drums
Josh Steely - Lead Guitar

Wow, they should have named the band something like "The 4 J's", or "J4". Is there a pool of musicians that a new solo artist can pick from to form a band? A bunch of guys that are talented but are just sitting around waiting fro a job? Kind of like Sammy Sosa in the MLB is doing?

Also, is there a hat full of band names that people can pick from, names that other people think suck. I would hate to think that someone actually suggested the following band names, and that they were just picked from a hat: (just a small sample of some sucky names)
Candlebox
Bush
Sponge
Supergrass
Mens Wear

*coincidentally, all of these bands suck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught Daughtry in Jimmy Kimmels. They were pretty good, so I downloaded the CD from Itunes. Sue me, I like it. Crashed is pure rockin and Daughtry sings his ass off.

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Poor, poor overrated Chris Daughtry. Part of what I didn't like about him on AI was his lack of imagination. Sure, he can rock, but not in a way that's original. Then again, I haven't listened to any of his music yet, so I'm just guessing here.

Slinger said...

Yeah, I agree he can sing, I never said he was not a good singer. And I have to say that I know being out of A.I. he is going to need help. The songs I heard were good though. I was really surprised that his album did not get more attention when it came out.