Friday, November 10

Flashback Friday

I do not have a true flashback for today, but I am turning back the clock a bit. I have been listening to nothing but the Led Zeppelin 4 disc Box Set on the iPod. So in a way, I am going back in time. Because listening to Zeppelin makes me think of my time in Colorado with Dahootie. Driving in his little Honda Civic hatchback listening to Zeppelin.

So I am just sitting here listening and chilling out whilst at work, not working very hard.

A few of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs:

Tangerine
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
Ramble On
Travelling Riverside Blues
Misty Mountain Hop
Going to California
In the Evening
Ten Years Gone
Hey Hey What Can I Do
Over The Hills and Far Away
Gallows Pole
When the Levee Breaks
Communication Breakdown
Kashmir
Stairway to Heaven (good tune, but really gets good at the 6 minute mark)

Yeah, I know... this list is more than a few, but there are so many good songs it is hard to chose just a handful.

In closing, anyone that has some Zeppelin albums, tapes, CD's or mp3 files, go give them a listen and just enjoy the beautiful sounds.



2 comments:

McGone said...

Take a listen to "In My Time Of Dying" and you'll understand why John Bonham died. He was just too good for this earth.

And I find it fascinating that "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" was written about Robert Plant's dog. He must have loved that dog, because that song is amazing.

Thanks Slinger, I didn't know what I was going to listen to tonight as I'm stuck at work, but now I'm getting the Led out.

Slinger said...

Any time brother!