Monday, October 16

10 years! TEN YEARS MAN!

On Saturday, MamaSlinger and I headed to downtown Chicago to attend her 10 yr class reunion. She went to Mt. Assisi Academy, an all girl’s catholic school, in Lemont, IL.

The reunion was from 8-11pm at this place called ZELLA. So we left the homestead around 6:30pm to jump on I-90 and go downtown. Well, 1 hour and 45 minutes later we arrived! What should have been about a 45 minute drive, turned into a bumper-to-bumper drag. It is amazing that on a Sat night, that interstate can be SO congested.

So we arrive at Zella a little after 8pm, check in, and go into the back room. Now this place is just a small 2 room bar, and the back room is divided off to make a semi-private room for the reunion. The room is full of women, and a handful of men. We talk to a few people, I get the standard “husband” introduction and we mingle. I get introduced to another husband and we started talking. They had the NLCS game on one TV and the Michigan-Penn State game on another. SO naturally, we talked sports. He was a nice guy, talked for about an hour, and I actually don’t know his name. It was either Jim, John or Jack. Either way, really nice guy, even if he did go to Notre Dame. (Sorry McGone)

Anyway, for $40 a person, we got open bar (draft beer) and appetizers. Well the appetizers were basically vegetables with dip, some cheese dip and a spinach dip with pita bread. Was not worth the price, since we only had 2 drinks each, and I had a few appetizers.

But she had a good time catching up with all her old classmates, and I had a good time to. I can basically talk to anyone in situations like that, so I talked to a few people as I watched the games on TV. We left a little after 11pm to head home and were home by 12am. Much faster ride home.

Few things I did notice…for all of these women being “catholic school girls” they sure did smoke a lot, I mean A LOT. MamaSlinger said “maybe they all smoked in school and I didn’t know it”. I think it goes with the whole “you have to follow the rules of the school” ideals that catholic schools put into your minds. A lot of people that I know that attended catholic schools always seemed to be the ones that got into trouble. Like the rebellious side acting out against the hand that controlled them.

And, despite what little fantasy is going through BDPD’s mind right now…the room was not filled with 40 women wearing their catholic school girl uniforms. Sorry Brian. But here is a little image for your brain to process...

6 comments:

Utah Dagger said...

Thanks for the eye candy Slinger. Sorry for you they didn't look like this.

BPDP said...

Too bad! Thanks for clearing that fantasy up, I was about to get mad at you for not tipping me off to that reunion...I'd have found a way in if they all lokked like the girl in the eye candy pic!!

BPDP

McGone said...

But how many times did people say "What? Three kids? No way!" I told MamaSlinger to keep a running count. My guess was she heard that at least 21 times that night.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Utah Dagger for the comment about how sorry for Papa Slinger they didn't look like this....for all you know, I dress like this for Papa Slinger every night! I do still have my uniforms! We'll just keep that to ourselves.

I'm sure BPDP is having a field day with this comment......

As for McGone and my bet about how many times people said to me or us "What? Three kids? No way!", I would say it was roughly 15 times. I did take the cake with the number of kids I had but someone else took the cake with the oldest child (9.5 years old). So you can do the math as to when she got prego! I didn't say Catholic girls were the smartest. :)

Utah Dagger said...

Sorry Mama Slinger...you and Papa Slinger have fun with all your old uniforms!

Nicole P. said...

I-90 is Evil (yes, capitalized) as are most of the other expressways in this joint. I will be experiencing/cursing at I-90 tomorrow as I head to Minneapolis. Send construction delay free thoughts my way!!