Wednesday, October 18

My gifts to you, the loyal reader

Not that the following are really gifts, but just some cool stuff that I felt like sharing with my readers. As always, random stuff that may be funny, educational or weird.

The United States population eclipses 300,000,000. You know what this means? More and more people are doin the hippidy-dippidy!

Do you ZILLOW? This is kind of cool, plug in your address and see what your house is worth, as well as your neighbors. *Amounts are not 100% accurate, but an average*

How much does Joe Satriani rock?

I first heard The Extremist when I was in Colorado with Dahootie and I was hooked. As to date, The Extremist and Crystal Planet are my faves. His most recent stuff I have not heard, but I know he went through a little electronica phase, but that was not positively accepted by his fans, from what I read. Either way, once in a while the iPod plays one of his songs, like Summer Song, and I have to listen to all of his songs. Today is one of those days. I proclaim today as Joe Satriani day. So if you have any of his CD's, put them on and enjoy the lift his music gives you! You can check out his site at www.satriani.com

HOLLYWEIRD
Back in the day, McGone and I used to be some pretty heavy hitters. We were almost 'hollywood', or "all that and a bag of chips" - at least we thought we were. All of that was great, but you know...you can only attend so many parties with the elite crowd, and can only receive so much SWAG, that at some point you have to take a step back. So that is what we did. We decided to hang up the hollywood lifestyle and settle back into a more down-home routine. For me, it was going back to school for computers and working for the megaman Telecom company that I call home now. No name dropping, but will say it is NOT Verizon, but the other global heavy hitting company. And for McGone it was going to NIU and then working for an award winning local newspaper. Not so glamorous, we know, but it was the right thing to do.

Now that we dumped that whore Holly Wood, she has gone and dug up some trash on us. Not really trash, so much, just pictures that she SWORE would never be leaked to the media. Below is a picture of us in our glory days, kickin' it old school by the poolside with some of our MANY hunnies. What can we say, whatever we were doing at the time, we just rolled with it baby!

And now the movie roles are POURING in, and we just can't go back to that life-sucking world again. It would just be too hard to forgive Holly Wood for what she did to us, and what we did to her. It be that nervous laughter, uncomfortable silence type encounter of past lovers who had moved on, before telling each other goodbye.

So we will maintain our normal lives as we do everyday, and just pretend this picture is a fabrication of various events, put together by some media slug.

4 comments:

McGone said...

Damn, I was ripped back then...

Utah Dagger said...

I was going to ask where I was but I forgot....I wuz in the pool with the hunnies! Yeah Boyyy.

Slinger said...

Yeah, you WERE ripped! And I could really rock the open shirt look with the bling bling! And Dagger was the mad hitter when it came to hunnies!

Nanette said...

I was addicted to zillow for a while....watching my house go up and down in value--too much like the stock market for me :) Although, I did like to check out what the neighbors houses were worth ;)