Friday, September 8

Random Thoughts for Friday

It has been a 4 day week, and yet it seemed like Friday would never get here! Let's do a recap of the weeks random thoughts...

- Steve Irwin died. The Crocodile Hunter was stung by a sting ray - in the heart. Sad to see that, he was smart, yet crazy, but sad that he had 2 little kids.

- Audioslave - REVELATIONS came out on Tuesday. I have been listening to this CD ad nauseam, but I still love it. This band continues to amaze me, every album is different from the previous, and that is what I love. They are growing as a band, even after being parts of previous popular groups.

- There are a lot of stupid people in this world, mainly in my office building. Friday's are considered a casual day here. Many people also wear Hawaiian shirts on Friday, I guess some sort of unwritten code started way back when. Anyway....sometimes I wear a hawaiian shirt, sometimes I don't. Given the casual attitude, usually means jeans, however we have a lot of people that take casual to a whole new level. I am talking about sweat suits, running pants, flip-flops...you get the picture. It doesnt bother me, but I know it bothers the mid-level executives who feel they have to wear a suit every day. (I will stop raning about work now...)

- I watched NIP/TUCK on FX last night... people I know rave about this show, but I have to be honest....didn't do much for me. Maybe because I have not watched it regularly over the past few years, but it just didn't seem like that good of a show. But that is just my opinion.

MUSIC - if you all have not taken a listen to the GNARLS BARKLEY album ST ELSEWHERE - go listen to it. it is super trippy and cool. I bought it on iTunes as a different genre to listen to, and I love it!

3 comments:

McGone said...

If I may quote Mr. Bill Lumberg:

"Oh, and remember, next Friday is Hawaiian Shirt Day...so, you know, if you want to, go ahead and uh, wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans."

Nip/Tuck's just something to watch on a Tuesday (or Thursday in your case). Give it another chance, but make sure you watch an episode with Kimber in it. Because Kimber brings the hawtness. This episode was nothing but Christian's bare ass and rear-entery Bedroom Olympics.

BPDP said...

I can't say I'm tired of hearing people say Steve Irwin died doing what he loves, because he did, but I think they are missing the reason he was such a cool guy...he LIVED doing what he loved! How many of us can say that?

Steve Dahl used to have "Aloha Friday's" Don't know if that was the start of the Hawaiian shirt thing, or just him marketing an existing trend?

As far as wierd people (yesterday's blog)...I'm in Cicero waiting to find out where my next job is. I'm pulled over at a gas station when I decide to "move on down the road a ways" because even I was uncomfortable sitting there. As I'm pulling out of the gas station, a late 30's / early 40's something black lady, reaching under her T-shirt (no bra), playing with her breasts, yells "hey" at me as I'm driving past. The "wierd person" part of this is probably me because I was actually tempted to stop or turn around! (yeah, right!) Hope she doesn't find me here, down the road a few blocks in a well populated strip mall (mall, not club, by the way!)!

Slinger said...

Funny you should say that, because I call it Aloha Fridays, while everyone else calls it Hawaiian shirt day. We are so ahead of everyone else on the coolness chart, aren't we?