Thursday, September 7

Blah Blah Blah...

OK, it's been a slow period here at BMI, and I apologize for us all.... but today I am working downtown and rode the train again, and as you all know, that commute, as well as walking downtown, leads to some useless information....

Things I saw or noticed around the city today...
1. Homeless people sleeping in Millenium Park - have to give them credit, they don't hide the fact, they sleep right out in the open. You would think they would choose a shady spot, since today was pretty warm in the sun. Or at least you would think they would keep their pants zipped up. Saw this guy sleeping spread eagle, pants opened up to the sky, like he was waiting for a hummer from the heavens.

2. The conductors on the train have too much skill with the hole puncher. This dude was punching holes with speed like the Terminator. I swear his hand was mechanical at times.

3. Walked past an Art Academy, and I have to say... artists are scummy people. All of these 20-somethings looked like deadheads, they were all smoking and playing hackey-sack, and it smelled like none of them had bathed in days. I thought I walked into the remnants from Lollapalooza for a minute there.

4. If you plan to walk 2.6 miles round trip, as I did today to go to a meeting by the lake, I recommend wearing a shoe with more support than a black dress shoe. My feet are pounding right now! My own damn fault, but it was so nice out and I had my camera with me, so I was all about walking.

5. Millenium Park is pretty nice, from what I saw. I walked to get some pictures of the Cloud Gate (or the bean as it is called) and to check out the fountains. Did a little people watching too, its so funny to see people posing for pictures, especially when they are being goofy. (I will post some photos tonight on Flickr! and put up a link)

That is all for now....but I am sure I will have more to add after my walk and commute home.....

So the ride home was nothing special, except for the guy next to me doing to Sudoku puzzle for the entire 50 minute ride, and he still had no lines completed. Granted, I SUCK at those puzzles, and I woul dhave given up after 5 minutes, so I have to give him credit for trying.

HERE are the photos I took in Chicago today. Enjoy!

No comments: