Friday, September 1

I usually don't dabble in politics....

Yeah I voted for Bush, both times, but I can honestly say that he is doing a horrible job at trying to convince the American people that we are winning in Iraq and at the war against terror. Watching him talk yesterday was painful...He reads in such a mono-tone voice, directly off of a speech prepared by him, with absolutely NO EMOTION in his voice. He is like a robot, seriously.
He has 2 yrs left, and sad for him, that time will be spent trying to repair the damage he has done both internationally and domestically. He is a horrible public speaker, and projects a very bad image for our country.

What kills me is that our leaders still think we are winning in Iraq, and they refuse to say that Iraq is in the midst of a deadly civil war. Last time I checked the definition of 'civil war' I saw this...

CIVIL WAR: a war between political factions or regions within the same country.

According to the Pentagon...The issue is this....
"Sectarian tensions increased over the past quarter manifested in an increasing number of execution-style killings, kidnappings and attacks on civilians,"

Hmmmmm..... seems a lot like that of a civil war. but what do I know? I am just some working stiff sitting at a cube in the Midwest, eating M&M's and listening to Audioslave online. I like my freedom.

I guess this all just gets me thinking, better yet, worrying about the future for my children as they grow up. What is the security of our country going to be like when my kids are 30yrs old? I don't think this will all go away when Bush leaves office, I think it is so bad now that it will stick with us forever. So I guess we will just have to get used to not carrying anything onto commercial airlines, and become familiar with armed military men in our airports and local court houses. It's scary to think of what will happen in the future, so I guess for now, I will just live one day at a time. And if it gets bad, I will move the family to a secluded place in Montana or Wyoming and live off the land!

1 comment:

Shades of Blue said...

Interesting. Check out Blogonymous.