Wednesday, July 19

I got gas.

Wow....I stopped to fill up the Envoy this morning at the local Shell station on my way to work and....

1. the first two pumps I go to have red bags over them that say OUT OF SERVICE. Nice.

2. The one open pump I go to, the idiot in front of me is parked the wrong way, facing toward me so I am not able to pull all the way up, allowing the tank to be even with the pump. No biggie, it reached, but the guy gave me a dirty look when I practically parked on his front bumper, like it's my fault that I had to park so close to HIM.

3. My total? Get ready for this.... $66.39!!!! I have gotten to the point where I do not even look to see how much it is a gallon. ($3.219/gal by the way) Regardless of how much it goes up, I still need it. The economic joys of Supply and Demand.

3 comments:

BPDP said...

Are gas prices getting high again?

I wish all car makers would just put the damn gas port on the same side of every car! That would solve most of the problems like you ran into (almost literally I'll bet the other thought - having to pull in so close to him). I really don't know why a standard side was not established a long time ago. It would make rental car fill ups easier too (though most have an arrow pointing to which side the port is on - mine just did a few minutes ago)!

I (my company) just paid $2.98/gal here by Syracuse Airport. You should drive all the way out here to fill up, it's a little cheaper!

BPDP

Slinger said...

Good point BPDP...why doesnt every car have their tank on the same side?!?! Or like the Family Truckster, have it up on the hood above the fender!

McGone said...

Are gas prices getting high again?

Jackass! Just because your company foots the bill...