Tuesday, July 18

Braves kill the Cards

This post is for BPD, since he is a Cardinals fan, and I am a Braves fan....

The Braves continue to sizzle since the beginning of the second half. Wow BPD.. your Cards received a 15-3 shilacking by the Braves, thus ending their 7-game winning streak. That has to be hard to watch.

In the 4 games since the All-Star break, the Braves have scored 51 runs and hit 15 home runs, that's incerdible. They need to start heating up if they are going to catch the Mets!

5 comments:

BPDP said...

I don't think I can take this! First the Cubs sweep...then "McGone's" (White, this time) Sox beat-up and sweep my boys...now "your" Braves beat "us" up (hopefully no sweep!)...what the F*@k!!!

Probably see you boys in the play-offs (again)! Speaking of which, I'll give my same (LAME) excuse I used with McGone...LaRussa didn't want the pitchers to give away their "good stuff" since they might be meeting in the playoffs!

A BPDP Update: Speaking of baseball, I'm heading to a single 'A' minor league game tonight in Auburn, NY (Doubledays - Blue Jays affiliate). Promotion tonight is free general admission tickets (only $4.50, anyway)! With the way the Cards looked against the above mentioned teams, I'll bet these guys tonight could play better.

BPDP

Slinger said...

So you kickin it in NY this week I take it?

BPDP said...

Yep! Can't beat FREE fun at the little ol' ballpark in upstate NY! Finish up work today, fly home tonight.

Before you even post it, because I have a busy day...

What the F@#k, Cardinals! Another BIG loss, to a another friend's favorite team, none the less! They better at least take one out of this series!

BPDP

BPDP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Slinger said...

Yeah, that is a shame, isn't it? Another BIG loss is right.