Monday, February 19

Your typical Monday post

We didn't much of anything exciting this past weekend. Had the neighbors over so the kids could play, did the usual laundry and cleaning. I know what you are thinking, and yes, we are crazy like that! We did get the kids pictures taken at Sears, and we got a really good one of all three of them, and Ryan is turning into such a little model. They did pretty good.


I also went and picked up Molly, she had been staying at my mom's house for almost 3 weeks now while we went to Colorado. She likes it down there so she stayed a little longer, a mini vacation for her. She was happy to be home, until I took her to PetsMart today for a grooming.

She loves the snow and rolls around in it ALL. THE. TIME! So naturally, she smells. not bad, but just wet dog smell... about 4 weeks worth actually. So I took her in today and she totally freaked out! She is really good and sometimes shakes, but today she was throwing a fit, similar to a 3 year old. She practically jumped into my arms, then had her paws wrapped around my waist. She even started barking/crying as she tried to get away. Then she peed, a lot! She never does this and is usually really good. The girl finally got the leash around her and I had to help push Molly back behind the little door. Molly weighs almost 70 lbs, and she was pulling this girl out the door, she was determined to get free. So after all that, and a jacket full of dog hair, I finally got her back and I just left.

Poor Molly, I know she is probably thinking we gave her up for good, but she will smell and look MUCH better when I pick her up after work.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

Poor Molly...but, she will feel so much better when it is done.

Cute Baby Slinger pic! I can't even imagine trying to get three to sit still!

Nicky said...

What a super cute picture! I feel like it's missing a 4th someone, though... Tell your wife hello for me! Heh, heh!

Tracyes said...

Could you possibly torment Molly anymore? It's bad enough that she wrapped her paws around me everytime I went to Mom's, but then you leave her at the groomers? She's going to disown you.

All the pictures are really cute! I have cute relatives, don't I?

Slinger said...

Tracyes - yeah I know, I should have waited, but they said she was happy and very good after I left.

Nicky - thanks for that additional push, MamSlinger appreciates it! Maybe in a few years.....