Sunday, January 28

Sunday Shuffle

Since I am home with the boys this afternoon (mamaSlinger and Izzy are at a "girl's show" with make-up and other foo-foo stuff) I decided to log in and do a short post of a few things from today...

1. NHL on NBC. Let me repeat that for all the others that are as shocked as I am. THE NHL IS ON NBC!! I had read they were going to be broadcasting soon, but was not sure when, that is until now. Right now... Colorado Avalanche(my other favorite NHL team) vs Detroit Red Wings. The usual high scoring game that it is, it is 0-0 in the second period. Lots o hits though.


2. The boys got the Hasbro Elefun for Christmas, and I have to say this is one of the worst toys ever designed. It is a fan powered elephant that blows up little vinyl butterflies that the kids catch in nets. For one, it should say "tissue paper butterflies" because that is what they are. AND, it should have a BIG OLD CHOKING HAZARD label on it as well. It is for ages 3-6, but my 3 yr old was putting the butterflies in his mouth, and you know what that means? The 19 month old will do the same thing. So as I am talking to McGone on the phone, Brett starts choking, and as McGone can hear Brett choking, I simply say "Shit, I gotta call you back! click" and then proceed to pull one "vinyl butterfly" from the back of Brett's throat. I remained fairly calm actually (given that having a child choke is my biggest fear as a parent), even as I pulled it out and Brett let out a huge gasp of air. So obviously it was very close to being a 911 event. Result.... Elefun will be freezing his trunk off tomorrow waiting for the garbage man.

3. REMINDER: Sometime tomorrow , probably late afternoon, I will be changing this URL.

4. A weekend without football sucks, especially when your local team is going to the Super Bowl and you are forced to wait till next week. Although excited for the SB, I am not too thrilled about the hype around the lame commercials, Prince playing the half time show and the late kick-off time.

So as I sit here on a cold Sunday afternoon watching hockey, folding clothes and blogging....the boys trashing the living room, again.

4 comments:

McGone said...

You know what's really creepy? Hearing your Godson choke over the phone. So let's not do that anymore, OK?

You were actually well composed during the ordeal. You even managed to say "Bye" before you hung up and saved your son's life.

I hope you told MamaSlinger, and that she's not just now hearing about how her son was gasping for breath as she reads your blog.

Slinger said...

Mama was informed, so no worries.

Utah Dagger said...

Cori had this toy and I agree....stupid. Glad to hear little Slinger is fine. Luckily we never had the same problem.

Catlin said...

Wow! That's a pretty scary story... maybe you should write it down and mail it to Mr. Hasbro. Don't want anything like that happen to some other kid. Glad everything's alright with your guy!