Friday, January 5

Hidden message?

MamaSlinger was looking online for some furniture that we are looking for, and she stumbled onto this Oak Creations site, and she had to have me look to see if I found anything funny. Well, sure enough I did, and I think you will too. Under the Bedroom category, you see the following styles of furniture:

Please choose from the subcategories below. If you can not find what you are looking for, be sure to use our search feature or contact a customer representative.

Amish
Contemporary
Mission
Promotional
Shaker
Traditional

Do you see it? Get it?!?! Who in the hell names their bed styles Mission and Shaker? Maybe there is something else going on here. Maybe all of these are sexual euphemisms? I don't even want to think about what positions "Amish" and "Promotional" refer to. And if you are not happy, you can contact one of their "customer representatives" - yeah right.

Something shady is going on at the Oak Creations store.

5 comments:

FD said...

I wonder if they also sell Doggie Beds?

Slinger said...

fd - I didn't see those, but I am sure they are sold in the back room.

Nanette said...

I see the humor here ;)....but, these are really styles of decorating in general.

See wikipedia Mission style and Shaker furniture. (Maybe I took a course or two of interior design in high school) :)

Anonymous said...

you know, I believe there is an Amish town called Intercourse... no kidding.

Slinger said...

Amy - yes there is, in Pennsylvania