Thursday, December 14

Everyone needs rules

If you work in an office, specifically a cube environment, you need to follow these 10 rules:

1. If you need to listen to your radio "programs" please do so at a reasonable volume. Others may not be interested in the current Dow index or how to make the perfect holiday fruitcake.
2. DO NOT leave banana or orange peels in your garbage overnight. The result smells up the whole cube area.
3. If you need to drink something all day, do not SLURP it.
4. No need to be the office weatherman, the Internet does just fine. If Internet is down, I will look out the window.
5. Take note of the person you are going to visit. If they are eating, on the phone or have headphones on, do not start asking them questions. Go away and come back later.
6. Ziggy is not funny, remove all Ziggy pictures, calenders, comics.
7. If you walk by an area that has a party and there is food out, and you were not invited, do not help yourself to anything. People tend to NOT like that.
8. When you leave your desk for an extended amount of time, please take your cell phone with you. Your neighbors do not like to hear the polyphonic version of "Mambo #5" over and over for 20 minutes when people keep calling you.
9. If you really need to discuss your fantasy football team scores and the previous night's drinking and sex Olympics, take it into a conference room. The older ladies do not like to hear "man I was so drunk I don't even remember taking her home! But at least my boy Sean Alexander got me a lot of points!"
10. Chew with your mouth closed. That sound carries farther than you think!

7 comments:

Troy said...

i hate noise. i hate windchimes and birds and ticking clocks

Utah Dagger said...

Who is this Bill German? He left a stupid comment on my blog.

Slinger said...

Not sure who he is, I saw his comment on your page, and I checked out his page too. Just some visitor I guess.

Anonymous said...

Are we having a bad hair day? Wait, you have no hair!

Next time, please tell us how you really feel. :o)

Valerie said...

I never miss the world of offices. I have had my share of crazy co-workers...enough to last my lifetime. I could easily write fifty blog entries about crazy co-workers if I wanted to. But I don't want to relive the hell.

Victoria said...

and don't touch my red swingline stapeller!

FD said...

If I see a Ziggy, Dilbert, or Garfield comic in a person's cube, I immediately feel okay about that person because I know they are not they kind of person who is wrenched by the notion of giving up living their dreams for the sake of having a job or career, they never had such high aspirations to begin with.