Friday, October 13

iPod Vending Machine

I was in Macy's last week and saw this huge vending machine in the clothing department. I thought... Hmmm, that's weird. Then as I walked up closer, I saw what it was. A large machine that serves up Apple iPods! Amazing. I had heard about this a few months back, but never saw what one looked like, until now....

With the swipe of a credit card, you can purchase a Nano or Shuffle, along with various accessories, gift cards, batteries and some even sell digital cameras. I could have sworn that the one in Macy's also had the iPod video in there, but I could be wrong. Since I already have an iPod, I didn't really stop and investigate, just made a mental note and moved on. This is a genius idea, eliminates the lines and pushy Apple salesman encounter.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Are you kidding me? You can buy electronics (and accessories) from a vending machine now? What happens when these machines eat dollars...? I wish I could buy most everything like this!

Slinger said...

I think they only take credit. But yeah, that would suck if you put in a few $50's and got nothing in return. I coul dpicture some teenager kicking the machine