Thursday, September 14

You know summer is coming to an end when...

..... you wake up at the same time every morning, but now you have to really focus to see in the dark room. It seems like all of a sudden one day, there was no sun when I got up.

..... College football starts. I like NCAA football, but so far the Slinger teams are not doing so good. NIU is 0-2 and Penn State is 1-1.

..... you drive through towns at night and you see the glow of the high school football field lights.

..... the road you travel to work is all of a sudden crammed with school buses. I need to find a new route to work, no matter how early I leave, I still have to wait through 3 stop light cycles to get through the intersection.

..... every time you watch a sports news program, all they talk about is the Race for the Wild Card.

..... the overnight low temperature dips into the 50's and there is dew covering everything in the morning.

..... the trees are starting to thin out and some are even changing color already.



I love fall, don't get me wrong...I just hate getting up when it is still dark out and coming home when it is dark. And fall also brings on the sheer excitement that is the Grundy County Corn Festival! YEEE-HAW!!! You know... for the kids!

No comments: