Wednesday, August 23

My wife, Tom Cruise, US Marines and bad drivers

I have to be one of the luckiest guys on the planet!

My wife is home on maternity leave, and yesterday she had all three kids by herself (the nanny was sick) and she got a lot of stuff done! Let me back up for those of you asking about the nanny...really it is a full time baby sitter, and yes she is still coming while Amy is home. I figured it would be the best for her and Amy to get used to three children being around, as not to overwhelm either one.
That being said...yesterday I came home and the lawn had been mowed! AWESOME! Not that I hate doing it, but over the past 4 days I have not been feeling well, and the grass was getting LONG. She cut the grass (and bagged it even!) and had the downstairs cleaned up, AND dinner was cooking when I got home! I could get used to this!

TOM CRUISE gets dumped!
By Paramount that is. As reported on IMDB.com and heard on every radio show this morning:
"Tom Cruise has been unceremoniously dumped by his Paramount studio partners for his sofa-jumping antics on TV. Revered Paramount boss Sumner Redstone has ended his company's 14-year relationship with Cruise/Wagner Productions because he no longer wants to be associated with the movie star. Redstone tells newspaper The Wall Street Journal he believes Cruise's bizarre antics on TV shows like Oprah and Today had a negative effect on the box office take of Paramount's 2005 summer blockbuster War Of The Worlds. He snipes, "As much as we like him personally, we thought it was wrong to renew his deal... His recent conduct has not been acceptable to Paramount."

Tom obviously has enough money that this will not really hurt him. Of course his last few movies have not made the kind of $$$ they would have, if he had not been jumping on couches, or verbally abusing Matt "you're glib" Lauer in front of millions.

Our Fearless leader OK's Marine call-up
President Bush has OK'ed the initial call-up of 2,500 Marines from the Marine Individual Ready Reserve because there are not enough volunteers returning for duty in Afghanistan and Iraq. Marines in the Individual Ready Reserve have fulfilled their four-year, active duty requirement, but are on call for another four years. Marines in their second or third years of on-call service will be tapped, because those in their first years just finished active duty and those in their fourth years have almost completed their military obligations.
About 59,000 Marines are in the Individual Ready Reserve, according to Marine officials.


*** Wait, you mean people are NOT volunteering to go fight in a civil war in Iraq and/or Afghanistan? I am SHOCKED!
All joking aside, that sucks for those Marines who now have to go back into 'the suck'. (yeah I watched "Jarhead" the other day, so I know ALL the Marine lingo.

Bad drivers
Ok, this is just me complaining...but on my way to work today I saw a few things that made me shake my head.
1. This woman was weaving in and out of cars like she was trying to set a speed record to get the top pole position. We then come up to the stoplight, and she is basically in-between the two lanes, trying to inch her way up as soon as the car in front of her turns. Seriously, this woman was practically pushing people out of the way. And to add to it, her car was burning oil, so all that nice smelling black smoke was coming right back at me.
2. Why are some people so afraid to drive on the middle median coming up to a turn lane? Now, I don't mean a grass or concrete median, I mean that median that is basically a third lane inside of yellow lines. This guy in front of me WOULD NOT cross that yellow line, so as the line of cars waiting to turn got longer, he was still sitting in the lane of traffic, while everyone else was over the yellow line. So this ONE guy, had traffic backed up in the left lane because he was afraid to cross that line.

Sorry, that is my rant for the day, so far. I may have more by the time I leave work today.

MORE THINGS THAT BUG ME.....

1. When I stumble onto a blog/website and there is music playing that you can't stop. ESPECIALLY when it is a sappy song from Bryan Adams or John Mayer!

2. How fast chewing gum loses its flavor. I got a pack of ORBIT Citrusmint today, it is good...for only about 1 minute.

3. When people in my office have there cell phone ring on HIGHEST level, and are not at their desk whilst it RINGS and RINGS and RINGS!

No comments: