Thursday, July 20

Remember Me?

Where am I now?
I complained about not being recognized in Chicago and signed a PHAT contract in Baltimore, only to get injured and have arguably my worst season ever?! Well where am I now you ask?.... I have spent these last months resting with my family, traveling around the world and fixing some personal business. I also took some time off to buy my own plane. I recently traveled with the Dominican Republic president, Leonel Fernandez, on an official tour to the United States, Korea, Japan and Taiwan.

I am SAMMY SOSA - or as Dahootie and I like to call him "Sammy So-So" Yes, this tool is back in the news, well sort of. Looks like Sammy is planning a comeback, that is if anyone will pay him enough $$ to strike out and plague their clubhouse.

Let me refresh your memory on what happened last year, resulting in him not playing this year.....

His 1 yr contract was not picked up by the Orioles, so he was a free agent. Washington Nationals offered him $1M to play 1 yr, but Sammy was too good for that amount of money. Then they cut that back to $500k, with an invite to spring training to prove he was healthy, he didn't take that either. Per his agent in early 2006:

"Sammy wants to get to 600 home runs, but he's not willing to humiliate himself to keep playing. He feels that the lack of interest in his services this winter constitutes a humiliation"
He was also noted as saying how he has done for the game of baseball that he deserves to be recognized for everything he has done, and $1M is not recognition. (Wow, I can't even express how much I hate this guy)
Let's review some of his stats:
588 HR's - as stated in quote above, he's clearly only interested in his own accomplishments
- 1,575 RBI's
- 2,304 Hits
- 234 Stolen Bases
- .274 career batting Avg.
- .537 career slugging percentage
All of these numbers will probably get him into the Hall of Fame.
Estimated salary-17 seasons - $123,568,000 - $123.6 BILLION
Now let's look at his negatives:
- 2, 194 STRIKE OUTS - that's right, that number is accurate
- He is a cancer to any dugout
- Steroid issue - come on, you have to know he did them during the HR chase with Big Mac
- Corked bat episode in Chicago - let's face it, after this happened, his credibility went down the tubes.
Personally, I hope he does NOT come back. I do not want to see him get to 600 HRs, because he is a greedy, selfish bastard that thinks baseball and the fans owe him something.

*** I CAN'T BELIEVE I SPENT SO MUCH TIME LOOKING UP INFO ON THIS JUICED-UP CRY BABY ***

4 comments:

McGone said...

Sweet Fancy Moses, it's like an A&E special on this guy. Your a Sosaphile. Or Sosaphobe, I guess.

McGone said...

I meant "You're a Sosaphile."

Slinger said...

Please do not use Sosaphile. Really, any description ending in -phile doesn't sound good.

BPDP said...

I will give ol' So-So the only credit he deserves...he was definitely 1/3 of the reason baseball began it's comeback from near extinction (Big Mac and steriods - by both, of course - the other 2/3). After that sweet record chase, it was all a self(ish) imposed downhill slide for that "man."

What a joke!

BPDP