Wednesday, June 28

Wednesday Wander

Had to commute downtown again today, which I actually do not mind doing. Took the train with Mama Slinger, and then I walk about 6-8 blocks to the building. Started to sprinkle when I was about 2 blocks away, then as soon as I sat down at my desk it started thundering, so I got here JUST in time!

Was listening to Stereophonics - Language. Sex. Violence. Other? on the train and as I was walking. I downloaded this album really just for the track Devil, which I first heard on an episode of RESCUE ME, but this whole album is great. My favorite tracks are Superman, Dakota, Devil and Lolita. These are just the ones that stand out; overall all the tracks are good.

Since it had rained downtown sometime this morning, there are the usual puddles by the curbs, so I made sure I was very aware of the traffic if I was walking close to the curb. The last thing I needed was a nice puddle shower by a passing bus or truck.

I love downtown Chicago, it seems like I notice something different every time I walk to/from the train. I try to take a different route to/from the train station everyday to see if I see something cool. I also make sure I have my camera with me in case a photo op turns up.

You know one thing that bothers me….I stopped into CVS to get something to drink and some batteries for my camera. I paid and walked out and opened by Lipton Ice Tea and it was WARM, even though I got it out of the cooler! The bottle felt cool at least. I was so mad, because I hate drinking warm beverages, especially tea and soda. Anyway, that is my gripe for the day, well morning. I may have more gripes by this afternoon.

It's going to get a lot harder out here for a pimp...
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa is hoping to stamp out the sex trade by taxing pimps and prostitutes, then jailing them when they don't pay. The Senate Finance Committee is expected to vote Wednesday morning on the pimp tax. The bill also calls for more jail time for sex workers.

If passed, the provision will authorize at least $2 million toward the establishment of an office in the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation unit to prosecute unlawful sex workers for violations of tax laws.

"Recent headlines have focused on sex trafficking in connection with the World Cup in Germany," Grassley said. "This vile crime is under our noses in the United States, and it's a no-brainer to have the IRS go after sex traffickers. Prosecuting these tax code violations can get these guys off the street and yank from their grasp the girls and women they exploit."

4 comments:

McGone said...

I like the sound of "pimp tax." I'll have to work on using that in daily conversations.

BPDP said...

We have to fight this tax!!!! I'm calling Weller and Gordon right now!

BPDP

Slinger said...

I wonder how you would list that on your W-4, PT2? Also, if you are a pimp of say 5 girls, does that mean you can claim 5 on your W-4?

McGone said...

Wouldn't ho's be "dependants?" And is the purchase of a giant purple fedora and bejeweled pimp cup tax deductable?