Tuesday, June 20

Tuesday Ramblings

First of all.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!
In celebration of this glorious day, Sirius radio is playing you're theme song.... "Seventeen" by Winger.

Ok, now on to important stuff....

In case anyone cares... The Carolina Hurricanes beat Edmonton last night to win Lord Stanley's Cup. Did anyone watch this year’s playoffs and finals, seriously?? I know I didn't.
I have been working downtown Chicago this week and have to say, I love it! The weather has been great, and it is a nice change from the stuffy office in Hoffman (which I will sadly return to tomorrow). I took some pictures today down here, but really need to use my 35mm SLR to do what I really want to. The small Canon SD450 Digital just doesn’t have the ability to bring out the beauty of the city.

A few things I have noticed taking the train these past 2 days, and walking a few blocks to work...

1. People stink, I mean really badly too. And they are proud of the fact that everyone walking/sitting behind them can smell their sweat from 3 days ago.

2. EVERYBODY has an iPod, or some kind of mp3 player. But I would say 8 out of 10 people are sporting the white Apple ear buds that accompany the iPod.

3. Homeless people, or the street performers, are very bold and not afraid to confront people. Saw this man begging for money and actually following a guy on a phone saying "come on man, one dollar! Hang up and save $1 and give it to me!" He must have followed him almost 2 blocks.

4. All women wear sneakers. Makes sense, better than walking 8 blocks in heels. But sometimes looks funny when a woman has on this really nice business suit, has a diamond the size of a golf ball on her hand, and you look down and see a pair of LIME GREEN Adidas running shoes on. Classy all around, but comfortable before fashion, I know.

No comments: