Friday, June 23

TOP FIVE FRIDAYS

Time for a potential new feature here on Ramble On. We’ll see if it catches on. The theme may change from week to week, but to pop the cherry, let’s get basic and showcase the Top Five Highlights of the Week.

5. Stanley Cup Fever... Catch It!
Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes. You did it! You won your first Stanley Cup! Granted, only about 7 people nationwide saw it, but you did it! Maybe next year more people will hear that hockey is back. I think 95% of America still believes they are in a lockout. But hey, putting “Thank You Fans” on the ice was a nice start. If I can offer some advice, maybe you should have made a broadcast deal with a channel people actually watch, and one that isn’t buried on the cable box. It’s 75 on my service... kind of hard to flip through channels, looking for something to watch and stumble onto hockey.

4. Slinger and BPDP Get Older
Eric always makes me feel like his grandpa, but for one and a half glorious months, he and I are the same age. And for one and a half months out of the year, BPDP looks like the AARP member.

3. McGone Gets Published
A book I worked on way back at the end of 2004 is finally out. I almost forgot about the damn thing. As for the final product? I like about 60% of it.



2. Land Rover Unveils The Freelander 2... At Least That's What They Tell Me
Apparently, there's a car in these pictures.



1. White Sox Tell The Cardinals To Suck It
And suck it they did, like a hungry piglet at the teet of it’s mama. This series had it all... inter-league play; many, many, many runs for the Good Guys (I mean many, many, many, MANY); a last game script-flip that turned into a low scoring pitching duel; and Ozzie Guillen proving once and for all that he has no filter whatsoever between his brain and his mouth. Mariotti’s a tool, so I’m OK with that. (Best sign last night: “Mariotti Is A British Cigarette”) But for now, enjoy sensitivity training, Ozzie. We’ll wait for you.


3 comments:

Slinger said...

Look at that...Ozzie is doing his impression of how the Cardinals played!

BPDP said...

I know I'm new to this site, but I don't like this new feature! Maybe it's because the top fives were mostly "low 5's" for me!

5. They have hockey in the U.S still? And I have OLN!

4. "I'm not getting older in getting longer." (Jim Shorts - aka Kev Mathews). Enjoy your youth guys!

3. Congrats, McGone!

2. I don't see a Land Rover...I think it's a Hummer.

1. As much as I'm hurting over the ass woopin' and the heartbreak of a 1 hit loss (gives me hope, though...kid's got an arm!!), I must say Ozzie (Guillen, not Smith this time) might just be my long lost Venezuelan brother...McGone was going to send me to a PC class after one or two of my 1/2 price margaritta nights...God bless Ozzie! See ya in the World Series!

BPDP

BPDP said...

...edit #4...

4. I'm not getting older, I'M gettin longer! (not "in")

BPDP