Thursday, June 1

Ramblings

June 1, 2006

Today I am listening to Foo Fighters, at least this morning I am... Best of You has got to be one of the best songs ever. There is so much emotion in this song, it blows my mind everytime I listen to it. Even my 2 1/2 yr old likes it, everytime it is on he says "I like this song!"so that is good. Make him a Foo fan early.

Speaking of my oldest son...that little stinker would not go to bed last night. He finally went to bed at 10:45pm, almost 2 hours past his bedtime. He had every excuse to not go to sleep:
- I want mommy
- I want daddy
- I have to go potty
- I want to rock
- I want to lay down
- I want to lay on the couch
I finally had to tell him he was going to bed even if he didn't want to, and I sat at the foot of his bed until he was out. Was a long night.

iPod issues

Yesterday, I hooked up my iPod and I kept getting this "iTunes Photo database corrupt"...first thought...DAMN! Well iTunes kept trying to copy photos to my iPod and when it was done, there were no photos on the iPod. Was an easy fix though, just had to run the latest iPod updater and restart, everything was good! bad thing was that it erased everything off my iPod, and I had some good playlists going. but I can easily create more. So I just transfered all my music on there for today, I will mess with it tonight. I currently have 1984 tracks on my iPod. A lot of those I probably don't listen to all too often, so I will need to clean it up.

Broken Bottle

On Tuesday night I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work. When I got home, I was carrying the bags in and had to set down the milk in the garage, we have a refrigerator in the garage to hold some of the 3-4 gallons of milk we drink (thanks to the 2 boys under 3yrs of age). When I opened the fridge to put the milk in, the inside shelp of the door fell out, along with it the huge bottle of red wine that was sitting in said shelf. My hands were full so I was unable to even attempt to catch it. The bottle bounced twice (which produced a really weird sound actually) then it shattered. Bottle. Glass. Wine. EVERYWHERE.
Now keep in mind, that half of our garage is used for storage right now.... so as the dark red liquid was flowing along the floor, all I thought of was the mattress that was sitting about 10 feet away. It was about to become a sponge. I threw down 2 towels that happened to be out there, and I saved the mattress. Also a box of baby clothes soaked up a majority of the spill, luckily it did not soak entirely through to the clothes.
I got it all cleaned up finally, the only bad thing is now our garage smells like a bar after a college drinking contest.

Afternoon Music

This afternoon I am listeing to Big Head Todd & The Monsters. Their music is the perfect "warm weather" music. For anyone that is not familiar with them, I would classify them as similar to Dave Matthews Band, but with more rock and blues to it. Very good and highly recommended.
I saw them in concert at Summerfest in Milwaukee in 1999..was with Lance, Lorene and Lorene's ex-boyfriend. They sound great live, especailly since they were on a small stage and we were pretty close.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Ryan said he wanted to rock, he wanted you to play more Foo Fighters.

I like these rambling posts... you're going to be a fun guy to hang out with at the nursing home. Just don't tell me the story about how you saved the mattress from the red wine story 80 times.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»