Thursday, April 5

My job takes me to exoctic locations...

Today, I had the pleasure of driving to the beautiful town of Woodstock, IL. Home of Hollywood's favorite ground hog, Punxsutawney Phil. For those that don't know, Ground Hog Day was filmed in downtown Woodstock. I know, pretty exciting huh?


So as I was walking across the famous Woodstock Square, I called McGone, here is our conversation..


McGone: Hello?
Slinger: Hey, what's up? Guess where I am?
M: Uh.... I don't know.
S: I'll give you a hint.. "Phil? Phil Connors?"
M: Are you in Punxsutawney?
S: WOODSTOCK BABY!
M: Ah, nice! "It's me, Ned! Ned Ryerson!"


On my drive home, I encountered a LOT of bad drivers going through Huntley. I just had to listen to Phil's advice of "Don't drive angry!"

I know, sounds gay, and this may have been a total waste of your last 2 minutes....but it was funny at the time.

6 comments:

Nicole P. said...

That is one of those movies that I will always stop and watch if I come across it while flipping through channels.

"Don't drive angry" is the best! And now I've learned something new about Illinois. I had no idea it was filmed here.

Slinger said...

Yeah, there is even a plaque on the street where the hole was that Bill Murray kept stepping in. Weird actually.

McGone said...

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over...

Valerie said...

I like that movie too...

you are so lucky that your job takes you to such exotic locales.

I knew someone in college who kind of snapped when she saw that movie. After seeing it (the next day), she decided she needed a break from her life and drove home (she drove from Champaign, Illinois to some place in Pennsylvania)...but she was a bit off, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

I made the Ned noise the other day at work. You know, the one he makes right after Phil steps in the hole? The neighbor to my left did not catch it. I was sad. The neighbor I'd peak out at from around my Mac tower was not at his seat.

Slinger said...

That first step's a DOOZIE!