Monday, April 30

A trip down memory lane

So last week I was watching I Love the 80's-3D : 1983 and wow, I really DO love the 80's! I always watch these when I have time, they crap me up and also remind me how stupid things used to be.

Let's review, shall we? 1983 welcomed the following:

Wow, 1983 was quite a year. Yeah, I was only 10, but I do remember all of this. I never did have a calculator watch, or a Monchichi doll, but I did have the Tasteless Jokes book, Quiet Riot album (on cassette) and a ZZ Top key chain. I think I watched Press Your Luck when I was home sick also.


5 comments:

Drier said...

Put this in your pipe and smoke it: Monchichi, monchichi, oh so soft and cuddle-y, ya ya ya, ya ya ya...

I'm ashamed I remember that.

McGone said...

The 80s "crap" me up too Slinger.

Valerie said...

Drier - You forgot the end...

"Happy Happy Monchichi!"

then the girl says, "I love you Monchichi!"

I LOVE THE 80s! Sooooooooooo much. Seriously. I could listen to 80s music all day long. Sometimes I do listen to 80s music all day long.

Anonymous said...

How could I forget to include "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock!?!?! I loved that song!

Drier said...

I don't remember that ending, Valerie. Maybe that's a good thing.

The video for "Rockit" was one of the freakiest things I saw, right up there with Annie Lennox's frighteningly red hair. She was both scary and striking.