Monday, March 26

What is it about the arrival of Spring that is both good and bad?

The Good? - NO MORE SNOW! I love winter, but there comes a time when you just want the snow and ice to melt. Especially when it is the second week of March and Tom Skilling is on the news, with a smug smile, telling you to expect 2-4 inches of snow for the Monday commute. WONDERFUL! Yeah it rains a lot in march and April, but at least it is above freezing.

Also, the warmer weather means the kids are able to get outside and work off some of the cabin fever that has grown to incredible levels during the Winter. We had the boys outside all day Sunday and they had a blast. Warm weather also means you can open the windows and get some MUCH needed fresh air inside to get rid of the Winter staleness. Hopefully rid your house of the germs that have been hovering around since October.

Also - BASEBALL season starts in a week! But by September I will probably be bored of it because my teams will be out of the playoff race.

The BAD? - Well, not really too much that is bad, unless you are a fan of hockey. You see, we used to play hockey almost every year. Even if it was just once a year, we still played. And I am not talking about playing indoors, we always played pond hockey. This year, however, we did not play hockey once. NOT ONCE.



Olde Time Hockey - Me (L) and McGone

There are many reasons - I live an hour away from mcgone (my yearly hockey teammate), I have 3 kids, we both have jobs, Utah Dagger now lives in UTAH, BPDP has many women and cant manage his time (Sorry Brian!) and Player #4 is no longer a friend of ours. but also, this year it didn't really get cold enough until February, and then it was below zero for like almost 3 weeks straight!

Hopefully next year we can get in some time for Hockey, as I would like to get Ryan on some skates to see how he likes it. I need to raise me a future Sydney Crosby!

2 comments:

BPDP said...

Finally I come out of hiding and comment on a blog...
I just have to set the record straight, I have chosen just ONE (lucky, might I add) woman! But, yes, I do still have a problem managing my time!

Also, I bought a new pair of hockey skates about 5 years ago...STILL haven't used them! What's wrong with us! McGone's brother has a perfect pond and I'll bet your mom's place on the river would have worked pretty good this past winter, too!

BPDP

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know you have settled down now BPDP, I just had to find a way to cleverly include you in this.

I think my skates are a permanent house for spiders now.