Wednesday, March 14

My Mid-week Ramble

So last week was the early Daylight Savings change. Personally, I like it. More time in the evening after work to get stuff done. Even if it was spending time picking up my yard, thanks to little gifts left by the family dog! And it didn't really seem to effect the sleeping patterns of the kids, which is always good. But I had seen a few blips on the news about how the early change can cause computer problems, and also cause commuters pain at the pump.

"The early change and the rise in gas prices is causing headaches for commuters. Longer daylight hours mean people are driving more and using more gas."

Is it just me, or does this not make much sense, if any? It's not like people don't drive after it gets dark, and the longer hours of light does not mean longer hours of work (for most people anyway). I don't know, just seems to me like people complaining for the sake of complaining.
************************************************************************************

Recently I have had people contact me in Flickr to use my photos for web articles. That is pretty cool. I guess more people see my photos than I thought. Last month my photos were used in an article about the
Berthoud Pass avalanche.

And this month a blog author for the
DCist in Washington asked for permission to use one of my photos in an article about High Occupancy toll roads. The article should be online next week and I will post it when he notifies me that it has been completed.

I am not trying to brag or anything, I just think it is cool that some of my photos are wanted for stuff like this. I get no money for them, so it is just about seeing my stuff somewhere else. And I don't claim to be a great photographer either, so this is cool.
************************************************************************************

For some reason this week I was reminded of an old band that I used to listen to,
Love/Hate. I looked for them on iTunes and then found out you could listen to all their tracks online, FOR FREE. SWEET! Then today I went to a used CD store hoping to find a copy of the CD, nothing. DAMN. I really want that album, so I guess I will have to get it on Amazon.

It's so funny to look back on some of the late 80's/early 90's hair bands and the names they had. Check out the members of Love/Hate:

Vocals: Jizzy Pearl
Guitar: Jon E. Love
Bass: Skid (Rose)
Drums: Joey Gold

Wow! With names like those, how can they NOT be rock stars? I was telling
McGone about it and remembered when I bought this album (I think on cassette) back in 1992, we were with Utah Dagger and Assface, driving to the mall in my 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass. Good times!
*************************************************************************************


Oh yeah, and why do I care if Angelina Jolie is in Vietnam right now getting ready to adopt yet another child?? (Damn CNN bothers me lately, I need to remove it as my home page) I am not against the wealthy helping impoverished children, but I think the media is playing WAY TOO MUCH into this. In my opinion, I think she is trying to make her family a little United Nations of children.




1 comment:

McGone said...

Hey - that's cool about the flickr photos!