Tuesday, February 6

Twenty Four

Ok, so I have been watching 24 now for a few seasons, and the new season is pretty good. BUT...(and mcgone is going to scream) I am not feeling "it" this season. I do not like how Jack Bauer now has feelings and guilt. I am used to him not giving a damn and showing no remorse, not this "I don't know if I can do this" and him holding his head and showing guilt as he tortures his brother. COME ON! You are JACK BAUER! You don't have feelings! You are a CTU ROBOT, programmed to do whatever it takes to kill the bad guys! That is all I will say, for now.

Kids Eating Habits

Having 2 kids that can eat on their own is pretty funny. You would think boys would eat anything, but that is not the case for Ryan. Ryan has become the pickiest eater. He has never liked red meat, whether it be hamburger, meatloaf or roast beef, he just won't eat it. He will eat chicken, hot dogs and turkey, even ham, but nothing beef. Last week we gave them roast beef and mac n cheese and he was told he needed to eat his mac n cheese before he got down.

"Ryan, finish your pasta"
"It is touching the meat and it smells like meat now"
"No it doesn't, just eat it"
Ryan eats his pasta that was touching the meat, then starts gagging.

He got himself so worked up over the thought of it touching the meat, he almost threw up. He also doesn't like pizza. What kid doesn't LOVE pizza?

But then, last night, they had chicken nuggets and french fries, which they both love. I was watching Ryan eat and I was shocked at what I saw. He was DIPPING HIS FRIES INTO HIS MILK, then eating them! Are you serious? He said he liked it, so he ate them all. Milk and Fries he loves, but not beef. Unbelievable!

Now Brett, on the other hand, will eat anything you put in front of him. And when he is done, he will get down and go over and finish off whatever is left on Ryan's plate. It is amazing how different the two of them are when it comes to eating.

6 comments:

Catlin said...

Yummie, milk and fries! Guess what I'm having for dinner;-)

Jessie said...

Little Boy does that too. It really kinda grosses me out. He dips everything. And we have the same problem with red meat. He just will not eat it. Burgers are out and so are steaks. Teenage Boy has reached the magical garbage disposal age but neither one of them will touch broccoli or squash.

Drier said...

My son, referred to as The Boy, is not a pizza lover, either. And he needs to put BBQ sauce or ketchup on everything he eats.

He will rise to the challenge of eating a hot pepper, but he will gag at the thought of eating a peanut or pistachio. I think it's because his little sister refers to the latter as "nutmeats."

Nanette said...

Funny indeed. My kids love steak and broccoli...won't touch chicken nuggets, cheeseburgers, hot dogs and up until recently, kraft mac and cheese (they've finally come around, yes!) My little girl has to smell everything before she eats it.....and the boy, refuses to eat anything on a plate--he dumps it off onto the table. Kids are funny! :)

Valerie said...

Connor LOVES leftovers. He will sometimes not eat much off his own plate, then after Garret is done eating, he'll go to Garrett's chair and eat the leftovers.

Weirdo.

lulu said...

I have a grown-up friend who likes to dip her fries in her Frosty when she goes to Wendy's. I think it's seriously gross, but whatever turns you on.