Tuesday, July 4

Discovery in Orbit

Discovery blasted off from its seaside pad Tuesday at 2:38 p.m EDT.

Yeah, I am a dork when it comes to this stuff....it just fascinates me. I have always been interested in space and the shuttle, so it should be no surprise that last night I was watching NASA TV for over an hour.
It was really cool, they were showing all kinds of footage that you normally would not see on the news. Showed footage from the handhelp cameras the astronauts were using during the lift-off, and also showed live feeds from the robotic arm camera. Got to see a nice close-up of the Australian coast.

Anyway, let's hope they make it back safe this time and we can finally stop worrying about foam debris!

1 comment:

BPDP said...

Let's build a cardboard box space shuttle in my living room like the BlueThunder replica we made as kids!

Seriously though, tonight we should be able to see it without a telescope as it goes across the sky at about 8:00. I heard about a website with the actual info (time, direction to look, etc), but I forgot the site name (something like HeavenlyBodies.com...but that's not it, that's a strip joint site).

God Speed Space Shuttle crew!